MOTHER , The Strong women


God could not be everywhere, so He made mothers,” goes a famous quote by poet and author Rudyard Kipling.

One can never underestimate the influence of mothers in our lives. They are our life-long companions, well-wishers, teachers, and open to donning every role to make us secure in their warmth and love.

Needless to say, she had to give up on her dreams and desires to raise two children and support her husband, a struggling first-generation entrepreneur. 

She was pretty much a single mum but never complained, instead she sat for hours helping out with school projects and showing me magazines with women in business suits and heels saying, ‘this is what I want you to be, you have to be financially independent.’

She gave me the gift of ambition and empathy through countless stories and bedtime conversations. She broke so many old and irrelevant traditions, asserted herself, carved her own identity, at the same time keeping our extended family together with her love and warmth.

She had a tough life but never forgot to put on her lipstick and her million-watt  a smile.? She taught us so many important lessons of life by just being her fierce, kind, hard-working, and classy self. Words cannot express our admiration and gratitude.

Never settle 

In a world where women are constantly told to "settle" and "sacrifice", the biggest gift my mother gave me was never to be happy with settling. And never curb my aspiration and potential because it was expected of me as a woman by the external world.

“We are born of love; love is our mother.” For this reason and more, I cannot even begin to express how much gratitude and appreciation I have for my mother, that God granted me in this lifetime.

We have all learned what it is to be truly empathetic from her — if anyone is hurt or experiencing pain, she will be the first one to reach out a helping hand. Another remarkable quality that my mum possesses is her sixth sense. At any point in time, she has this unique knack for intuiting the ‘big picture’ in a situation, most likely because she has a deep understanding of human nature, and can feel energies quite easily. If there ever was an angel out there - it’s you, mum -

Iron woman

My mother has been the quintessential “iron woman” in my life. She has always managed to thrive no matter what life throws at her. She has always taught me to be self-reliant and resilient. Her ability to think through a crisis will be a template that I will follow through in my life too!

Biggest critic

I draw my inspiration from my mother. Being a housewife and going through hardships of her life, she gave her children the best. She pushed us to be hardworking, strong, and resilient human beings so that we stand up to any circumstance that may occur in our lives.

Her strength throughout life’s challenges has been remarkable. At the same time, I have imbibed a sense of compassion and determination from her. My mum is also my biggest critic – which always helps me mending my path towards betterment.

Confident, friend, and rock

My mother is a very strong and resilient woman. She has this amazing capacity to love and energise you. She always told me to find myself and then find a man, to be brave and to never second guess myself. I grew up watching this superwoman, an entrepreneur, and social worker in full force.

She had this crazy radar to know when I was getting into a bad relationship and making bad decisions. And I still fought her at every turn. She watched as I took a deep dive into the film world with no clue of what I was doing, and she tried to advise me. I still held my ground that she had no idea what life was all about. My first smack in the real world came soon after, and the only person that held my hand and got me through it was her.


Comments